Sunday, August 16, 2009

Limpopo and abroad!!

I am well!!  I have my energy back!  Praise the Lord!! Thank you for all your prayers.  I have been greatly blessed by being on this trip and am already wanting and planning on coming back!!  As much as I am blessing people here, they are blessing me right back.  Some of these stories I hear just breaks my heart.  Oh how I wish I could make everything so much better.  I know I can not do it all.  I must train up leaders so more people can be touched with the gospel and with medical care.  I am so excited for this next big outreach we are about to do.  We left Molkwane, Limpopo yesterday and stayed in Johannasburg, Gaunteg at the SunRock Guesthouse.  We had to make the trip into Johannasburg because two of my team members had to leave for home.  There time here was up.  I am dreading that day.  Sorry!  I do love it here.  However, I have gotten homesick quite a bit.  I wish I could be in two places at once!!  I heard from Lisa that the trip back to Washington D.C. is 19 hours because we have to fly against the wind.  Uhhhh....My bottom is going to be so flat!!! It is all worth it all in the end.  It took us three hours to drive from Molkwane, Limpopo to Johannasburg, Gaunteg.  Today, we drove another four hours to Bolufintain, Free State.  I guess we are only 120 Kilometers away from Lestheo.  Oh how I wish we had time to go there too.  I would be so neat to see the child I sponser.  Maybe another trip to Africa. On our way to Bolufintain (I think that is how you spell it), we stopped at Maxi's Resturant.  It was not bad.  I  had a cheeseburger with chips.  Here french fries are called chips.  There fries are kinda bland.  I miss Mcdonalds fries.  THey have a Mcdonalds and a KFC here.  I have not been to either yet but the rest of the team has.  I stayed back to rest when I was sick when the rest of the team went.  :( I hope I can experience soon.  Plus, I missed out on church. :( :( I was so weak, I could hardly focus.  I stayed back then too.  BUT I know I will be going before I leave.  We are constantly moving from one destination to another.  It is fun seeing all the new scenary.  The drive is kinda scary.  I pray really hard when we are on the road.  These people drive WILD!!  They use the ledge like a lane. People are always cutting people off.  Terry says that there are only manuals here.  I must learn how to drive one.  The drive on the opposite side. Everything is on the opposite side. We drive on the Left here and the driver seat is on the right!!! Lights are called robots.  THere is not many of them though.  THey have a lot, A LOT of round abouts.  SCARY!!!  I am afraid of getting lost even though I am not driving.  We just finished meeting and eatting with the Department of Education of Bolufintain.  They are very nice people.  I love working along side such grateful people.  We will be here till Friday and will go back to Johannasburg to drop off two more missionaries and then pick up two more missionaries and then head out for another  outreach.  

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I am so very proud of you! What a wonderful experience you are having. We miss you here but know that you are doing marvelous things for Gods people! I sure hope you get to have McDonalds this week. If not when I pick you up at the airport we will go get some REAL french fries!!!! I love and misss you girly!!!!!

Kendra said...

Hey I fixed your blog account so that others could comment on your blog.

Katybeth said...

Can we make that a plan when I get off at the airport?