Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 1- First Optical Outreach in Sosalurg, Freestate

Hello from South Africa!!! I only have less than 15 minutes but I thought I would give you an update. Keep watching on the blog thought! :) Today was out first optical outreach here in Sosalurg, Freestate. We saw many children. I took many pictures. I wish I had a way to get them to you. God has moved in many ways and it is so neat to be able and help chilren see. So many of them know about HIV but don't quite understand how it is transmitted. There was this beautiful cheerful girl who I had the honor to tell about Jesus and her story just broke my heart. Her father has tried to rape her several times. There are still others who have similar stories. If only I could share them all. It certainly feels like home around here. I absoultly love it. I am doing quite well. Tomorrow, we are going to the same school to see more children. If only you can experience what I am seeing and hearing. They are so receptive and are longing for so much love.

I just took a walk with Doc down the street while I waited for a computer to be open. We walked down a Middle class street and saw many homes. These ones were really nice compared to the others I saw driving to the school. The Guest house that I am staying at right now is really considered high class. It is so amazing who much our cultures are different but in some ways they are not.

Well, My fifteen minutes are up. I love you all and have been praying for you!!!! Watch again for my blogs. BYE.

No comments: