Tuesday, August 11, 2009

God is soooo Good!!!

I would have written sooner but I had no Internet access for about a week and then a just recently got sick with Bronchitis. It sure took a toll on my body! BUT I am pulling through!!! It is such a praise report....let me share. Saturday morning, I started to feel a burning sensation in my lungs and started coughing. It happened so suddenly, I thought maybe it was just my allergies flaring up. Doc Blessman told me to let him know if I get the chills. Well, I seemed to be doing okay until we got to Welkom Secondary School to do our last outreach there before we headed to Limpopo. I met with some of the learners (students) and just started feeling really weak and chilled. I did not want to bother doc right away because he was doing eye exams on some of the other more troublesome eyes that I could not help. So, I decided to go and sit with Beth and Lisa in the Dispensary Room. The Dispensary room is where the learners go to get their glasses. I sat on the floor for a little bit until Beth noticed a long table behind her and wondered if I wanted to lay down. :) I was certainly up to it and crawled under the table curled up in Beth's winter coat and using my coat as a blanket. Doc came in and said we were going to the Chemist (Pharmacy) to get some antibiotic in my body so I can be well again. So we went. It was not far from the school. It was located in a strip Mall. Yes, they have Malls here in South Africa! Doc explained he was a Doctor from America and has a Medical outreach at the Welkom School and one of his team members had bronchitis. The Pharmacist gave us the medicine and insisted that it was for free!!!! What a blessing!! God is soooo Good to me!!! Doc told me that things like that happen a lot with his ministry. They are always getting blessed. I am so very blessed that I had Doctor Blessman to care for me. Many have gotten sick on this trip, including Doc. Thank goodness they just had a cold. Please continue to pray for our health and a strengthening of our immune system because God is doing a many great things!!! Many have received healing. The enemy doesn't like us here but the Lord has shown us favor!!! There was a little boy about 10 years of age that came in and his eyes were clouded over with this whitish cloudy slimy stuff. Doc brought him over and explained what was going on. He was an orphan. His parents both died of AIDS. His eldest brother is off doing jobs and is rarely home and he and his other smaller siblings are left at home. The child was very skinny an malnourished. Doc said the reason his eyes look the way they do is because he lacks Vitamin A in his diet. If that is lacking many others are too. He seemed so sad and down. Bud, Doc, Claire, Sammi, the boy's teacher, and I prayed over him. His eyes cleared up a little. It was so amazing!!! Doc said if he does not get enough nutrition or Vitamin A, he could lose his sight. Doc found him a orphanage for him to be placed and had some go out and get some vitamins right away. The orphanage will be monitoring his vitamins intake. Before the little boy left, I gave him a big hug. He held onto me the longest time. I wish I could personally care for him but I know I was only here temporary. There was a couple more cases of lack of Vitamin A learners, but Doc treated them well. Another young boy could not see out of his right eye because his sister was combing his hair one day and accidentally jabbed his eye with the comb. Not only that but he had a cataract in his other eye. They get cataracts at such a young age over here. I have seem many. We prayed for this child and he could see so much better out of the damaged eye! It was a miracle!! There are so many stories.....I wish I could share them all...now I will share some personal one on one stories that I experienced in my next blog.

No comments: